Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Pat's Jumper Part 1

I find it very exciting when I start a new knitted piece and I must say with this one I had mixed feelings about the colour & pattern, Pat had picked for his new jumper for winter 08.


I loved the colour of the wool, but I wasn't sure the pattern suited the wool colour. As I was knitting I kept asking Pat "are you sure about the jumper style and pattern?"

After a four week break from knitting I picked this jumper up last night and I actually loved the look of it.




Back of the jumper is being knitted on a circular needle and this is so much easier than knitting with two needles.




Closer look at the panels of pattern, 28 rows to this style. Colour is hard to show up correctly as the lighting inside isn't the best for showing it off. Outside is yuck today and so I'd have to say the first & third photo is more truer in colour.

Once again I'm knitting with Cleckheaton and it's called "Country Naturals" and it's a 8 ply wool.

Machine washable with
85% Pure wool
10% Acrylic
5% Viscose.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

Broad Betty said...

Wow Lucky, You make it look so easy! I can't wait to see the finished jumper.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Kirsty:)
Very easy to knit too, not a fiddly as other cabled jumpers I have knitted.