Thursday, February 19, 2009

Me & Ewe


It's finished as of 5 pm this afternoon. All 4 pieces are knitted and packed away until the cooler weather kicks in.

No way I am sitting this ewe on me in this hot weather. I'm thinking late March to early April before I stitch it together and knit the neck up.

Until then it's packed away in a knitting box in the craft room. Pat is all smiles now that he knows the jumper is just about ready for this coming winter.

This time round I knitted the back, then sleeves and finally the front. Usually I knit the back, front then sleeves. By this time I arrived at the front neck area, knew the 28 rows of pattern off by heart.

I was mean and told Pat I couldn't find the sleeves, but found a pile of the yarn in a knitting box. Said I was sick of the jumper and so disappointed the jumper wasn't finished after all. Yeah, yeah I know a mean trick...... lol. Should of seen his face.

Anyway to make up for it, I gave him the men's Inca & men's Jet knitting books and he choose a pattern for his new wool I collected this week.

I'm going to start the blue colour way yarn in the Jet. Treating myself to a stocking stitch jumper as Pat liked it with a button collar.


Sorry about the flash reflection in the photo. The pattern can be found in....



Completely different to what Pat usually picks out for a jumper. I'll be able to knit this while asleep. Stocking stitch......... hope I don't get bored. So used to heavy cables and Aran jumpers for him.

I'll also start knitting my lizard ridge again and get a few of my other UFOs finished. Now the brown jumper is finished, I'm ready to relax and pick and choose what I knit at night.

Until next time....hoo roo


Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I discovered years ago I preferred knitting the back, sleeves then front, for the same reason as you and also instead of knitting the two largest pieces together it seems to knit up faster?!
I love aran and used to knit for stores but gave it up as there was too much pressure,when the children were small I would do one adult one in 2 weeks or less.

Lucky-1 said...

People has said to me, knit for a living...... but that to me would take the shine of a craft I love so much.

Crikey that is a quick turn over for an adult jumper.......