Thursday, October 2, 2008

500 Reasons To Go Craft Shopping

Wednesday this week I took a scratch ticket back to the newsagency, as I had won a few dollars. I decided to invest this in a game of "spot 5" on Keno and won $500.00.

Couldn't believe my luck and after giving a share to Pat the rest was earmarked for a shop day with my sister Debbie the next day.

Deb & her family were down from the sheep station and we had from 8 am to 3 pm together in the city shopping in Lincraft and Spotlight.

Deb & I spent 1.5 hours in each shop, as we had lots to look at and talk about. No hubby's in the background wondering how long before we'd be leaving the shops.

Deb is into sewing and quilting, me as you know loves knitting. So lots to look at and lets now look at what I bought.


I had this book in the house, I picked it up a couple of trips back to Spotlight, lots of small projects and just what I want for our stall, we are working on. So this trip I started to buy "stuff" for the items I want to knit.






Three pages of teapots, how cool is that?? And this is the beginning of a list of toys, hot water bottle covers, coathangers and other goodies.




This wool is earmarked to knit a couple of teapot #7 in the first photo. I think its a lovely teapot cosy.




This is earmarked to maybe # 8 (first photo) and # 4c in second photo.

I am aiming for the thoughts of buyers, thinking ....this is a one off teapot cosy.


My main aim was picking up a sock book at Spotlight and some new wool they had on sale.




I wanted an ankle sock and loved the one in this book.


Out of the 6 new 100 gram balls I picked these 2 colours. These 2 balls are for me.

I also with Deb's help bought a glue gun and glue sticks as I want to be able to add flowers to the coat hangers I have knitted.

We had lots of fun looking at & picking out the packets of flowers.



I think the middle coat hanger needs a flower on it. Just to take away the plainness of it. Also to dress up the set when selling them. Also with the patterns in the "Big Book:" in the first photo.


I bought these....cos' I liked them and I could. Also picked up a smaller plastic box like my knitting box, for storing all the craft items in.

I sprung for lunch in "Billy Baxter's" and just enjoyed the day bonding with a fellow crafty person.

Oh yes and I still came home with $$$$ in my purse. mrgreen

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,

No comments: