Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Something New Swap

I'm sitting and knitting Pat's jumper (seems to be never ending) and thought, I haven't posted my "swap" photos yet.

I am so sorry I haven't popped them up yet.

With the "something new" swap over on Woolaholics I choose to knit a lace item. The whole idea of this swap, was to step outside the comfort zone a knitter can get into.

I also wanted it to be something I hadn't knitted before and so I picked, a scarf.




Its an old Shetland pattern called "cat's paw". I used Moda Vera "Trinity".



This scarf was for "Shannon" I knitted the length to 82 inches and after all those rows, I know the 6 rows of pattern off by heart.

I enjoyed knitting it so much I bought wool for a scarf for myself and some for the stall.

My swap was sent by "Seastar" and it's just stunning.




Green is my most fav color and this bag was knitted and then felted. First time I have ever seen or held a knitted object that has been felted.

Just love it along with the counter bracelet, chocolate and tea.

Knitting swaps are heaps of fun and I just love joining in with the spirit these are knitted & sent in.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags:

No comments: