Wednesday, May 21, 2008

In The Skein Of Things.

After nearly "frogging" a whole male adult 12 ply cardigan last Saturday, I had to wait for the beautiful rain to clear up.

Today is that day....yahoo....




Ten skeins ready to be washed. Decided that was a good number to start with as I have never seen this being done.





After hunting down the coat hangers to make sure I hadn't aimed too high, into the hot water with wool wash...... the skeins went for a couple of hours. The hot water helps to relax the wool.

I had faith in the people encouraging me to take this step, but after seeing the wool so creased with the memory of the pattern....... I was doubtful, but knew it would work.



That is were I am up to at the moment. Looks like spaghetti hanging out on the line. Once its dry, I'll ball it and then its ready to be re-knitted up again. Same pattern, just a smaller size.

I just can't get over how this project is getting me as excited as what it is.

FAB TAB recycling.

Boy I really must love Pat to go to all this trouble (not that it is that) to have him wear his cardigan and have it fit properly.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

No comments: