Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pick, Pick And More Picking.



I actually found unpicking the seams rather restful. Not as hard as what I thought it was going to be. Also by the end of the job, I was able to read my own sewing of the seams.

About 4 hours to unpick the cardigan while I listened to some helpful soothing CD's. Pat kept me company and supplied lunch and cuppas on request. Just pottered along at a calm pace and enjoyed the experience.



A few "Craps", "Bugger, bugger" and 1 "I gotch ya, ya bastard" when looking for the start of a thread for a new area.



All ready now to be frogged. Going to leave it at this stage for the day, watch tonights weather and see when the sun is going to be shinning and the showers not falling.

Then I'll frog it and put into skeins for the next stage, the day before I wash the wool and hang it on the line.

Love this recycling idea.... such a waste having the pure wool cardigan up in the cupboard.

Until then ....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

No comments: