Saturday, August 30, 2008

Last Day Of August

Earlier this month I said I wanted to have Pat's jumper finished or so close it didn't matter that it was not completed.

I have failed miserably. Though I have some good valid reasons it's not finished.

James our son was injured at work in the middle of this month and so I was like his dad very busy worrying about his head injuries and the threat of loosing a leg if it got worse.

Once James was out of hospital I was busy cooking meals and taking them to his place, as he didn't want to come and stay with us.

Had the stitches out of his ear the other day, Pat stopped counting after 18 were removed. So glad the plastic surgeon was able to save his ear.

James is still not back at work and the soft tissue damage to his leg will take time to heal. But he's all in 1 piece and as a mum, can't get better wishes granted than this.

My "Something New" swap gift is coming along really well. Very pleased with the results of it so far. Nearly time to get it ready to post off. So I am concentrating on this project at the moment.

So Pat's jumper has once again taking a back seat.


After all the pattern knitting I did yesterday, I wanted something easy to knit last night. So I have started Amy's scarf and it's be given to her as a stocking filler this Christmas.

Really getting into this sort of yarn of late. Showed it to Amy and she said, "I can wear that." This makes it easy, when knowing the wearer will actually wear the item.

Its just 25 stitches and knitted all in garter stitch. I'm letting the yarn do all the talking. The yarn is by Koala and it's called "Foxy" and the colourway is cream.

Been a busy month, wonder what September will bring me???

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: ,

No comments: