Saturday, August 25, 2007

Lemon 12 Ply Ladies Jumper

After what seemed to be forever getting 3 great photos of my jumper for the blog I am happy to announce that my 12 ply jumper is finished. Thanks to Pat for taking heaps of photos until I was satisfied our collection of snaps.lol

This jumper was knitted over a couple of months and was really easy to knit. I used 100% Australian grown wool in a light lemon colour.




The jumper if like the others in the house will last us 20 odd years. The shoulder has no shape to the pattern and so when casting off the sleeves, it was completed in the final row.


Milly had to get in on the photo session as well. The quilted look of the sleeves and back give it a real warm feel to it. This was done by just using knits & purls over 6 stitches for the patten and over 12 rows.



The panel in the centre of the front was done with a cable pattern over 24 rows. Neck line was 5 cm of ribbing with 4 rows of stocking stitch to give the finishing off a rolled look.

Not expecting to get a chance to wear my jumper this year as spring is here and warm weather greets us each day.



2 comments:

Sasha said...

Fantastic! A great job - and looks great with the kitty-cat accessory!

Lucky-1 said...

Thank you Sasha:) Milly is my grand-kitty, who is very spoilt.