Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Pink Baby Jumper 4ply

Been a while since I have knitted with 4 ply wool and I must say after knitting for so long with 8 & 12 ply wool, it came as a shock to my hands. To start off with the wool was fiddly and the knitting needles very thin, but after a while I forgot I was knitting with such thin wool.

It's taken less than a week to knit up this little pink number for my niece (if she has a girl). I still need to knit a white jacket/cardigan and a blue jumper yet.



This jumper can be knitted in 4 sizes and I have chosen to knit the 3rd size. Wool used was Cleckheaton 4ply 25 grams "Babysoft" pink. This jumper took 3 1/3 balls wool.



I like to keep a little Tupperware container that holds all my goodies I use from jumper to jumper, in my Knitting Box. Jumper is ready to be sewn up and neckband stitches picked up and knitted.

Then all that will be left to do is sew up the seams of the sleeves and sides, add 3 buttons and it's finished.



I am not sure how you prepare your jumpers for sewing up, but I learnt the hard way when pregnant with Amy. Stunning little number was all finished and I sewed the garment up and noticed I had sew one sleeve inside out. evil Not a lovely site seeing a heavily pregnant woman throwing a wobbly and having to unpick 2 side joins of a baby jumper. eek

Now I pin all jumpers from babies to grandparent size jumpers, before I pick up my sewing needle.

Tomorrow I'll post a photo of the pink baby jumper all finished.

Hoping on Tuesday of next week to pick up some white baby wool to start the next cardigan. Guess I'll have to pick a patten out first.

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh there are so many babies being born. Dan's twins soon, our beautiful paige also a friend of mine has just told me she will be a grandmama in December. Must be spring.