Friday, August 24, 2007

From 12 Ply To 4 Ply

Finished all the knitting on my 12 ply cable jumper I started a couple of months ago. Still needs to be sewn up and the neck knitted, then it'll be all finished. Going from the warm weather of late, mightn't get to wear it until next year.



Not that this will matter as it'll be quite happy to sit up in the cupboard. This is the only fully 12 ply jumper I have for myself. I do have a jumper I knitted 21 years ago that has 12 ply sleeves and back with a 8 ply cable front.

So a 12 ply won't go a stray at all.



This is what the jumper will look like once it's been put together and finished off. Next time you will see the jumper is when it's finished off. May even model it for you. rolleyes

Spent a while this afternoon tidying up my knitting box and seeing what wasn't needed to be there. Also I packed Happy Potter's wool and pattern into the knitting box, ready for when I start knitting it.


My new knitting project at the moment is getting some baby jumpers knitted as my niece is due to have her first baby in October. I remember knitting this little jumper for my own children, so I thought it would be a lovely one to reknit.

I'd like to knit a blue jumper and a white cardigan so that the little baby gets 2 jumpers from my family.

Going from 12 ply wool to 4 ply wool is a bit of a shock to the hands. Thinner wool and tiny knitting needles.

I'll start sewing up my jumper Sunday afternoon , so until then I'll knit the little baby jumper. Once my jumper is out the way, I'll start Happy Potter's jumper as well.

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

3 comments:

melissa said...

nijpdWelcome to the knit blog world ...I 'm worried to see you Already have a yarn stash ....goodness help you !!!!
I'll pop back inlater to see what your up too .
melissa

melissa said...

welcome to knit blog world ..Google knitty .com ....
I'm worried to see you have a stash of yarn already ( you should see mine !!!)
I'llpop back late to see what your up too

Lucky-1 said...

I have had a stash of wool for over 20 years. Sometimes I buy wool when it's the end of the winter season, when it's on clearance.

Thanks for the website too:)