Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Welcome


Welcome to my knitting box a place where it's over flowing with jumpers I am either knitting or are waiting in the wings, to be knitted.

My main passion is cable and aran hand knits. Though when the children were little I did knit graph jumpers for them with pictures and numbers on them.

I have decided to publish a blog on my knitting as I am sure there are many closet knitters out there in the wide world of blogging. We need to step up and be heard.

Posts here will be of the jumpers as the pattens are chosen along with the wool. As it's knitted I'll post updates and show the finish product.

At the moment I am working on a 12 ply cable jumper, as well a 8 ply blue cardigan for myself.

I have a couple of baby cardigans on the go, for my niece who is having her first baby in October.

Also a cardigan for a friend in Vic, to be knitted by next winter.

So I hope this blog will inspire you to pick up a needle of some kind and enjoy the tranquility it can bring. Along with the un-pulling of rows when mistakes are made.

This is the 12 ply jumper I am working on at the moment. Once this front is finished, I'll sow it together, finish the neck off and it's ready for next years winter.





Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done on the new blog :)

I found my grandmother's knitting needles when I was unpacking a box yesterday afternoon. I intend to have a go at knitting sometime. I'd like to be able to knit dishclothes.

Lucy C said...

Nice knitting.

Anonymous said...

Love the jumper. This will be great Lucky looking forward to your posts.
(((HUGS))) to all

Polly said...

I love knitting too Lucky although I loathe the sewing up at the end. :-) I'm just doing the neckband on a chocolate brown jumper for my son and as soon as that is finished I'll be starting a little red jumper for my granddaughter. It is a very simple garter stitch pattern with buttons on one shoulder so it should be a quick knit.
I've got plans to knit some sort of cover for our bed before next winter but I haven't really looked for a pattern yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you're up to here.

Lucky-1 said...

Thank you for your kind words here. Knitting is so rewarding and I hope I can encourage you and others, to pick up a pair of needles and a ball of wool:D