Sunday, February 17, 2008

Blue Thuja Socks finished.



All finished and it only took me 4 days to knit them. mrgreen

For my size foot (ladies 8) was 2 X 50 gm balls of 8 ply Cleckheaton Country pure wool.

I'm sitting here with my chin in my hand thinking what can I tell you about socks rolleyes..........

Well for starters until just recently I thought knitting socks went out with the last World War. redface
I really did only think knitted sock were made back in the decades that have now become memories for so many of the older people around the world.

Also I think with the old western movies from Hollywood as well. How many films have I watched where the son was off fighting the Yankies or the Rebs and ma was at home on the farm....... knitting a pair of socks for their brave son.

So now I have been re-educated and know differently. eek There is a whole world out there on the internet, who like me have been bitten by the bug...... sock bug that is lol

It was so cool (well a bit warm really, as they are 8 ply and for winter) with both socks on my feet and I was so pleased to know the first sock isn't an orphan and has a twin.

So if you have a few hours, pop the kettle on and make a cuppa......then put sock patterns in your search engine and be transported into the rainbow world of socks.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

No comments: