Monday, February 18, 2008

I've Been Shopping.

This morning Pat & I went to Spotlight to buy some wool for his dad's socks I am going to knit for his 86 birthday.

While browsing around inside the shop we came across the clearance bins with all last season's wool. This is a great way to buy wool and save money.



To buy this wool at full cost it's $3.99 a ball and today I bought a bag of 10 balls for $10.00, saving $30.00.

Not sure what I'll knit with it, but after drooling over it all of the season its been in the shops,.... I couldn't resist.

So I'll be searching for a pattern for what I can knit with this wool.



I am going to knit my sister a red pair of socks for the winter. Where she lives it can get very cold and so these will be handy for her. Deb's favourite colour is red and this wool is priced at $3.99 a ball. I scored 10 balls for $10.00, and saving again of $30.00.

Once again its last years colour, but its was too cheap to leave at the store.

With Pat's dads 86th birthday coming up we picked out the colours below for dad's socks.



Again I scored 10 balls in the reduced bins in the store. But this bag cost me $15.00, 3 gray balls and 7 off white balls in the pack.

What wool left over is in my stash box and will be used for something...one day.

So I've had a wonderful time in Spotlight and wished I could have bought more than what I did.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

No comments: