Thursday, February 21, 2008

White 4 Ply Baby Jacket With Yoke Pt. 2

All finished and ready for our neighbour who is due at any time now.

This little jacket was really easy to knit as it was up to the underarm in 1 piece. The little sleeves were each done in an afternoon.

The yoke was a bit different and I had to remember the yon wasn't when my brain said it should be, but when the pattern said it should be. Once that had been established, the yoke pattern was easy to complete.

I have started to use the circular needles when knitting large amount of stitches and I am finding this easier that using 2 needles. So when it came time to use 2.75 needles.... I didn't have a circular needle in that size. Panicked eek until I remembered I have a pile of needle sets of the other kind. Funny how you can have tunnel vision when wanting to finish a project.



Front of the jacket.



Closeup of the yoke pattern.



Back of jacket.



Closeup of the yoke pattern on the back.


Now this is finished I will start Pa's socks for his birthday. Never ending my Knitting Box. lol

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

would really like the pattern to 'white 4 ply baby jacket with yoke pt.2' as it is exactly what i have been looking for...could you tell me what book it came from? thanks

Lucky-1 said...

Sorry Mark, I have had a child in hospital and have now found time to answer your question.

The book is called....

Easy Knits For Kids.
ISBN 0 85835 994 4

If you can't find the book, leave a note with your postal address on the comment part and I can photo copy the pattern and post it to you.:D

I'll not publish your address;)

Unknown said...

Hi there, I am visiting my daughter and granddaughter in the USA from South Africa. The 4ply white Baby Jacket is exactly what I am looking for but can't find the book. Would it be possible to send it to me by email or post.

Many thanks,
Alison Terry