Monday, October 22, 2007

12 Ply Cream Aran Cardigan Part 6.

Pockets

After knitting the band and then 34 rows of pattern, time to do the first of the 2 front pockets. I have used a different coloured knitting needle to show you what I did.

I haven't done a lot of pockets in the past and the ones I have done, I can't remember if they were done this way or not.

But what the heck...it's fun and thats all that matters. mrgreen






In the first photo.

The green needle has the stitches from the pocket lining I knitted over the weekend. 33 stitches were left on a stitch holder and I transferred them to the green needle to make it easier for me to knit up.

So I patterned 22 stitches of pattern on the front left side (on the blue needle) then keeping the cable pattern correct I knitted the 33 stitches off the green needle.



Second photo.

Then using the stitch holder I slipped 33 stitches from the blue needle onto the stitch holder and these 33 stitches are now at the front of the knitted work. I then continued knitting up the last of the stitches in correct pattern from the blue needle to the end.

In the second photo, you can see the opening of the pocket.



Third photo.

Showing the front of the left piece with the pocket knitted in place. When finishing this cardigan off, I'll be knitting a band to tidy up the opening of the pocket.


Sorry about the changing colours of the wool...... night time photos with these environmental user friendly globes, just don't like to work well with cameras.



Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

No comments: