Sunday, October 7, 2007

My Blanket.

This blanket would have to be the longest to make in history. I started it back 5 years ago while still working. Then it was put away once I stopped working for health reasons.



Found it when cleaning out the wardrobes in our bedroom and thought..... time it was finished.






The wool used is leftovers from 8 ply jumpers I have knitted over the years. Including wool from when my two kids were in primary school.


So now on those cool nights in front of the TV we can throw this over our laps & legs and get comfy and warm.

Mind you we'll have to fight the cats off with a knitting needle, as they love this blanket too. lol

Technorati technorati tags: , ,



4 comments:

Sam said...

wowsers! That's bloody brilliantly HUGE! Congratulations on getting it finished - what a mammoth effort!

Lucky-1 said...

Thank you Sam:D

Mooska said...

Your blanket is absolutely gorgeous. I love the zig-zag stripe effect. Did you follow a pattern or is it one you made up yourself! What a snuggly blanket for those cold winter nights!

Lucky-1 said...

Thank you for the kind words on my blanket:D

The pattern can be found in the following book.

Patons 1122
Rug Rugs Rugs

Click on this link and it'll show you the cover of the book:D

http://www.mohairfarm.biz/product_info.php?cPath=70&products_id=396&osCsid=35d1e59170708e24ee525a8376448c87