Monday, March 10, 2008

Too Hot For Sweater Knitting.

With this hot weather I have been sitting on my bum, knitting. Pat's jumper is now too big for knitting in this heat. Feels like I have a woolly lamb on my lap.

So I started another pair of socks yesterday. Yep! Sad I know...... just socks are great to knit in the hot weather. They don't sit in your lap and heat up the body.


These red socks are for my sister Debbie and I have popped some white rectangles around the top of the stocking stitch, just to break up the red.

Love to pop a link to the pattern for you to see what they look like. But I can't remember where I found them on the net. They are knitted with 8 ply wool and knitted on 3.25 mm needles. So you'll have to wait until they are finished.

Picked up some knitting needles today for the Anastasia sock and will start them this afternoon. The needle size is 2.5 mm in the pattern and I couldn't get a set of 4 DPNS at my LYS. So I am going to use 2.75 mm needles and see how the socks knit up.

Spotlight had 20 % off today store wide... darn shame it was off pay week for us. So I just went straight to the knitting needle area. Would have loved to have had a nosy round...but I was good.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: ,

No comments: