Saturday, March 15, 2008

Yarn About A Sock.

That sexy sock from 3 posts back wasn't working out right. After I had knitted some more I was getting into bit of a mess with the DPNS and the pattern. So I went back and studied not so much the written pattern but more so the pictures that came with the kitting instructions.

I found the following was wrong...... I was knitting up the right sock and my pattern was going the wrong way. I was knitting from the graph, back to front. Also I was knitting the pattern on the bottom of the sock, when I wasn't meant to.

So I then had to decide whether to ignore the mistake and

  1. muddle through with the needles
  2. frog it back to where I started the pattern
  3. pull it apart and start again.
I picked number 3 as it seemed the easiest of them.

So I started from scratch again and when I was at the toe area, for unpicking the cast on row and pick them up with a DPN..... I buggered it all up and had to start again.

For some reason that next attempt went out the window too. Too many sleeps and rounds of knitting done, to remember why. So for the 4th time I started again.

On this attempt, Milly my little Grandkitty grabbed the ball of wool and under the futon she went. Taking with her the ball and my knitting as well. Where was I to leave the knitting unattended? Getting another drink of water.

Think me screaming as she went with it all, frightened her enough to drop the ball after an almost lap round the floor.

Did I loose the 4th attempt of these socks being knitted??? Nope..... I took it as a sign that all was correct with my 4th try at these socks.

And so it is. Check out my sexy sock mrgreen






Today's model is "Love Me" from Amy's collection of teddies. He is so soft to cuddle and the sock slipped on nicely without stretching round the needle area. Room to spare as well.


Close up of the sock and of the spiral pattern.

I have without a doubt enjoyed the challenge with this sock pattern. Instead of Pat picking a pattern and saying "can you knit this" and I whiz it up for him. I am having to learn new forms of knitting techniques and having to pull out my thinking cap, dust it off and use it.

Talk about having a ball.... no pun intended wink

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

melissa said...

I knit toe up always ..its my prefered way..have you bee nto this site ..its invaluble ....

http://myfirsttoeups.blogspot.com/
try it ....melissa

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Melissa, I have bookmarked it and will check it out.:)

I like the toe knit up as well. Only my 3rd different style of sock I have knitted.