Saturday, September 8, 2007

Buttons



Today Pat & I went chasing the last of the wool I need and buttons for the baby jumpers I want to have finished in a couple of weeks for my niece's baby.

Boy the hardest part was finding little buttons, suitable for a baby jumper. I didn't want buttons shaped like carrots, witches, butterflies and so on.....

Just little round buttons with a picture on the buttons, like the ones in this photo.

Spotlight, K-Mart and the odd shop we called into, didn't have them.... good old Big W did.

These buttons will go onto 1 cardigan. Next time I'm in the city I'll look in Lincraft and see what they have to offer. If I have trouble there with finding these sort of buttons, I'll use the 3 spare buttons on another cardigan. Though I'd like to see different buttons on the cardigans given in the gift.

Also I couldn't find yellow wool in 4 ply, so Pat picked out a multi colour wool to knit a baby jumper in.

But you'll have to wait and see the colour, when I am ready to knit with the wool. mrgreen

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

melissa said...

I saw your comment on chat up/ catchup (what ever it is called )
(grinning as I write this ..its purely in jest !)
New knitter /old knitter ...doesnt matter ...you are addicted just like the rest of us ...I havent been to visit for a while ..now you have a bigger stash !!!!
Such lovely knitting lucky ...you be very proud ..
NOW ..would you like some knitting links ?? should I plunge you further into the Knitty-phere via the web ???
By the way, there is a Aussie kniitng web ring knit ring

Lucky-1 said...

Oh yes please on the web links. Kimmysmum has sent me a couple of links and I do need to look at them too.

Thanks for the lovely words about my knitting. Without sounding like a smart know it all.....I know I am a good knitter. This is why I have started a blog about my knitting.:)