Thursday, November 20, 2008

While Your Knitting.

Last night when I started knitting my Lizard Ridge I set "the scene" for knitting.

Learning a new pattern, I like to have the TV on with a DVD playing quietly in the background. Usually one I have watched enough, that I don't need to watch it, just listen. I find this to be relaxing for me as I get accustomed to a new pattern or technique.

Gone With The Wind kept me company as I started the afghan.

Do you have a special place where you like to knit or start a new project?

At times I also will stay up late into the night, to finish off an item. Just can't put it down, have to see what it looks like. Even been known to wake Pat up and show off the finished item.

Knitting can take over your life and drive you nuts....... great isn't it?

My cat Lucky has a wool fetish and loves winter time. She loves to snuggle up to Pat or myself when we have a pure wool knit on. I can see a few fights over my Lizard Ridge when it's finished.


Because I can.


Until next time....hoo roo


2 comments:

melissa said...

I like the lizard ridge pattern ..the first one I saw was from shazza knits ,..really nice .
I love the vintage hues wool .it washes up to be soft and snuggy ,it really blooms..one thing- the colours come out like nobodies business ..you sure there will be none left in the wool ...there is ...
I have made a beret and a hot water bottle from it .. tempted to do a vest but ended up using jet ..(could wear it today if it were finished ..freezing )

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Melissa:D I am getting rather addicted to the colours of the Vintage Hues and the second block is so different from the first. I bet the 3rd block will be different again......